Our dwelling place

In the first verses of the oldest Psalm in the Bible, Moses writes, "God, you have been our dwelling place throughout all generations. Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the whole world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God" (Psalm 90:1-2, NIV). I have long loved this picture of the God who is our "dwelling place," the God in whom we live and move and have our being, the God who offers himself as a place for us to belong, to rest, to be everlastingly at home.

Tomorrow evening, my husband and I will gather up our three small children and ten big suitcases and fly to Arusha, Tanzania for eight months. We are exhausted from a month of moving and packing, but we are leaning hard into whatever adventures may come, trusting that our good God is already there waiting for us, and he will catch us as we fall. He is our everlasting dwelling place, and wherever he is, we are home.

Comments

  1. Hurray! So glad you'll be blogging! I love your writing, but I love you all even more! :) Praying for traveling mercies, especially with your little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in my prayers as you travel and get settled in. I look forward to reading about your experiences in this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I was just thinking of you before receiving this and wishing once again you were on FB :) So glad you are blogging. I will continue to pray for health and peace for you all. To God be the glory.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts